Quick Start Guide
Getting up and running is easy! We’ve divided this guide into 3 main topics:
- General settings
- Goals and events
Account details: Specify your site domain and subdomains. For example: yoursite.com and blog.yoursite.com
Please add ‘https’ domains if you use that protocol.
- Set up an area by URL:
- Choose a name for the desired area.
- Add the common part of the URL (example – ‘/blog’).
- Define it as a content area or a general area. This division is needed to ensure that the system can differentiate between, and give proper attribution to, the content sections. It’s recommended that you set up at least one area as “content”.
- Sort these areas in order from small to large so that the main website will be at the bottom of the list.
- Set up an area by tag:
- Instead of specifying a URL, specify an HTML tag that is common to all the pages you want to put in this area.
- Another option is to create a tag-based area and then tag specific pages manually in the ‘scan results’ section (without the need for HTML tags on these pages). Tagging pages manually will put these pages in the desired area.
- Add your office IP address so that employee site visits won’t be tracked in the system and distort the data.
- If you work with one of our integration partners, simply select it from the list to activate. This will allow you to set goals that involve tracking known users with your integrated software. For example: integrating SalesForce will enable you to view how your content impacts any status from SF.
Goals & Events
- Goals are conversion points on your website or in the funnel of your MA or CRM program. Once these are set up, you’ll be able to see how content has impacted each of them. Goals can be defined as a destination (i.e. the user arrives at a “thank you” page after signing up) or as a pixel you can place anywhere on your website.
- Events are actions taken on your site that you believe help to engage and convert. Video views, social buttons, and gated content are examples of events. So, for example, it’s not your goal to gain video views, but it’s an event on the path to achieving your goals.
After settings up goals and areas automatically we will start providing you attribution to your business goals.