What are Activation Campaigns, Content Engagement Units and Calls To Action (CTAs) and how to set them up?
Personalization stands at the core of Trendemon’s capabilities. There are 2 main ways to leverage Trendemon’s personalization via activation campaigns: The first, is fully automated content recommendations. Those recommendations are fueled by Trendemon’s unique content marketing attribution insights. The second way, is using rule-based Calls-to-actions and offers. Theses smart units can be hyper-targeted to effectively engage specific audiences in real-time. Here is a quick intro on what are activation campaigns and how to deploy them on your site.
Managing Your Activation Campaigns
To set up new personalized activation campaigns, simply go to Activate > Manage Campaigns on your top menu:
We divided the campaigns into 3 main types:
- Content Engagement – Our automated content recommendation units which can be embedded in different parts of your site.
- Leads Capture – Calls to Actions, embedded or as overlays, containing lead capturing forms. These can be Trendemon’s own units or forms from your marketing automation platform.
- Promotions – These campaigns can serve promotions, banners or messages to your visitors. They can link to other pages, on or off-site.
- Surveys – Get to know your audiences better by presenting them question/s to understand what they are looking for. Once you have answers, you can create audiences according to each answer and present each audience relevant content and messesing.
This article will focus on the last 2 campaign types – Leads Capture and Promotion and the different types of available calls-to-action (CTAs) units associated with them:
How Do You Set Up a Promotion or Lead Capture CTA?
1) In the Activate > Manage Campaigns page, click the Create Campaign button and select the type of campaign you’d like to create:
2) Set the name of your campaign and choose the form type (either a Trendemon form or an existing Marketo/Hubspot form).
3) Choose the layout and style for the campaign. Trendemon offers several Layout types:
e) Full Screen
Lightbox (can be triggered on exit, after page read or after some time).
A lightbox layout CTA is usually triggered when visitors try to leave the website (Exit Intent behavior). Exit Intent is highly effective at reducing bounce rate and converting exiting traffic. Here are a few examples of the message types that are presented by Exit Intents.
- Image and text – A banner that presents text (title and subtitle that you can compose) and an image that you can place beside the text:
- Form – A single or multiple field form to which you can add text and images:
This CTA includes a multiple field form for email, first+last name, and phone number. This information can be forwarded to your newsletter system (like MailChimp) or marketing automation platform (Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, etc.).
- Image banner – The entire banner is clickable, so there is no need to add text:
The Slider can be presented on either side of the page and is triggered when visitors scroll down. Like the PowerBar, we provide two types, form and banner.
Slider form – You can add up to 3 fields. This is best for blog subscriptions and webinar sign-ups:
This CTA appears as an action bar at the top of the page above the header or below the footer. We provide two types of bars.
Form – You can present up to 3 form fields (from our experience, more than 3 fields reduces conversion drastically).
Banner – You can add text and button text, and channel visitors to any URL.
Embedded Forms or Banners
These units can be embedded using a specific tag within your pages, creating a seamless, interruption free browsing experience. Here is an example of an embedded CTA in banner form. This unit is shown only to audiences that fit the criteria of this activation campaign.
In the first Creative tab you will be able to customize the appearance, layout and style of the campaign. Use your live editor to configure your creative, content, texts and fields.
3) In the following Targeting tab you will be able to choose who will see this campaign.
You can target audiences which you’ve already created or you can target specific segments for this campaign. Trendemon’s powerful Audience Configuration Engine allows you to target people on your site based on a wide range of attributes:
You can also select to show this campaign only on certain parts of your site (specific areas) or to specific audiences from your marketing automation, for example, only to leads with a certain leadscore or higher, to specific accounts or other Hubspot/Marketo/Pardot attributes (depending on your specific integration setup).
4) In the Settings tab you can control the triggers which will initiate the CTA (if not embedded), perform A/B tests and schedule the campaign to specific dates.
5) Once ready, under Publish review your campaign and if all good, launch it. You can also save the campaign in Paused mode and activate it later.
And as always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Success team.