Last Updated: October 2020
Information We Collect
When administering the Website, TrenDemon acts as a data controller with respect to personal data that is collected. When we provide our Services, TrenDemon acts as the data processor.
We collect the following information that you provide directly to us:
- Contact information - Name, job title, company name, email address, and company phone number. You provide this information to us when you request information about our Services on our Website.
We automatically collect the following information about you and your activities when you browse our Website or use our Services:
- Device information - IP address, device type, and operating system. We collect this information automatically when you use our Website or use our Services to calculate usage levels, help diagnose server problems, and to determine the regions from which you navigate to TrenDemon's Website or Services.
- Site Activity - Web pages visited, operating system, date/time stamp, unique visitations, type of browser used, and other session-based activities from actions you take and features you use on your devices. We collect this information automatically when using our platform. We collect this information to improve our ability to track visitors without the need to collect personally identifiable information (PII).
- Cookie IDs and tracking technologies - First-party trackers, mobile advertising IDs, and third-party user IDs. We collect this data automatically when you use our Website to analyze trends, administer the Website, track user movements around the Website, serve advertisements, and gather demographic data about our user base.
- Geolocation information - Region, city, state, country, and zip code. We use a third-party service provider to automatically collect your geolocation information derived from your IP address. We use this information to provide our Services; this includes providing marketing leads close to your location. We also use this information to connect you with a nearby sales representative when you submit your information directly online on our Website.
How We Use Information
We collect data from and about you when you visit our Website or use our Services to:
- Personalize and improve our Website - We use data about you to analyze how you use our Website, develop new products and services, and improve our Website's content, functionality, quality, and overall user experience.
- Communicate with you - We use data about you to send transactional and marketing communications and other items that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of marketing communications at any time. To learn more see the "Your Choices" section below.
- Provide Services for clients - We use information about you to provide Services that allow our clients to better understand the effectiveness of their marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Personalize and improve our Services - We use information about you to analyze how you use our Services, develop new products and services, and improve functionality, quality, and user experience.
Legal Basis For Processing The Personal Data
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process your personal data only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal basis we determine depends on how you use our Services. This means we collect and use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- Legitimate business interests - We use personal data about you for our legitimate business interests to improve our Website, to deliver Website content, to send email, and to optimize your user experience. We also use information about you to improve our Services consistent with our legitimate business interests.
- Consent - Where appropriate or legally required, we use personal data about you subject to your consent. For example, we may rely on your consent to send you email depending on your jurisdiction.
- Compliance with laws - We may also use personal data about you:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
- Performance of contract - We use personal data about you to enter into a contract with you or to perform duties under a contract that you have with us. For example, when you express interest in our Services, we will use your business contact information to respond to your requests and provide you with the requested Services.
To learn about your information collection choices and to opt-out of data collection, see the "Your Choices" section below.
How We Share Information
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below:
- Service Providers - We share information about you with third parties who provide services on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use personal data about you only as necessary to provide these services to us. These services may include fulfilling orders or purchases, payment processing, validating contact data, sending marketing communications, and providing cloud infrastructure.
- Public authorities - In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security and local law enforcement. We may also disclose personal data about you to:
- Comply with a subpoena or other legal process requests
- Protect our rights
- Protect your safety or the safety of others
- Investigate fraud
- Respond to a government request
- Change of ownership - If TrenDemon is involved in a merger, acquisition, dissolution, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; we reserve the right to transfer your personal data. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data and any choices you may have.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Social media features and widgets
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
Data Privacy Rights
If you are a TrenDemon user, you may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal data that you provided to us. Depending on the country in which you are located, you may have the following rights:
- A right of access to personal data we collect about you on this Website. We may charge a reasonable, administrative fee, if further copies of personal data are requested.
- A right to rectify inaccuracies in personal data we collect about you on this Website.
- A right to object to specific types of processing, such as direct marketing, processing based on legitimate interests or performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority, and processing for research or statistical purposes.
- A right to have personal data we collect about you on this Website 'erased' or restrict processing of such data.
- A right to withdraw consent for future processing of personal data about you that we collected on this Website.
- A right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, if our Website's data collection practices do not comply with the laws and regulations.
If your business contact information changes, if you would like to modify or remove your details, or to exercise your other rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TrenDemon respects and acknowledges that you may wish to access your personal data or make other requests regarding your personal data rights. However, TrenDemon has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process on behalf of our clients. Please direct your questions and requests to the appropriate party to:
- Access your personal data
- Correct or amend your personal data
- Restrict or object to processing of your personal data
- Delete your personal data
- Exercise your right of portability
If requested by a client to provide assistance with such requests, TrenDemon will respond within 60 days. If you have any questions about TrenDemon's data collection practices or how we assist TrenDemon's clients with data subject rights requests under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, please contact us using the information described in the Contact Us section below.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how we use information collected, so you can make choices about how your data is used. You can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process and change your selection at any time by contacting us directly. When we ask you to provide your information, you may decline. However, please note that if you choose to decline, you may not be able to use some of our Services.
- Marketing communication - You can choose to unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message.
- Transactional communication - From time to time, we may send you transactional email with announcements, payment confirmations, changes to our Services, and other similar administrative messages. You do not have the opportunity to opt out of receiving these messages.