Adding a TrenDemon Goal Pixel with GTM
If you wish to track clicks for specific elements on your website (such as button clicks), you can add a TrenDemon pixel by using Google-Tag-Manager.
1) First create an Action-Conversion Goal in TrenDemon (Under Set Goals & Events) in order to generate the pixel code:
2) Copy the code in order to later paste it into GTM:
3) Sign in to your Google Tag Manager account and click “New Tag”:
4) Select a name for the tag, click on “Choose a tag type…”, and select a Custom HTML tag:
5) Paste the TrenDemon pixel code (from before) into the HTML box:
6) Now click on “Choose a trigger…”, and then select a Trigger Type:
Note that different scenarios might require different trigger types. In this scenario, we demonstrate a link-based trigger. For example: we would like the pixel to trigger when a visitor clicks on a “customer login” link.
7) Hover over the website element for which you wish to track with a pixel, Right-Mouse click, and select Inspect:
Notice that the element in question will be highlighted in blue.
For a “Customer Login” link, it makes sense to select the Class and Click URL parameters as triggers.
8) In GTM, select a name for the trigger. In our example we selected Some Links in order to define specific parameters for the link-based trigger, and then selected “Choose Built-In Variable” in order to further define the trigger:
9) For the “Customer Login” link, we select a Click Classes and Click URL:
10) Click “Save” to save the trigger:
11) Click Submit:
12) Click Publish: