TrenDemon’s Content Recommendation Engine
TrenDemon’s Content Recommendation Units are a proven way to increase visitors page views and online conversion. Our units come as embedded units at the bottom of a page:
Or as a Slider unit that appears as you scroll down a page:
They will also appear on mobile, and their design can be customized to your needs and specifications.
It would be reasonable to assume that most marketers are already familiar with similar widgets that display recommendations at the bottom of a content area or as you scroll down a page. And yet, our sophisticated units are different than what you’re used to as they use a “smart engine”, similar to AI, that personalizes the visitor’s experience.
In other words, the recommendations you’ll see are not static but are personalized to the visitor’s particular journey. In what way?
- In areas where your recommendations are active, you can define how do you want to optimize the content in each area. There are 2 ways to optimize, by Conversions or by engagement.
Once you choose to optimize by ‘Conversion’ you can choose to what goal do you want to optimize. You can choose one or multi-goals. After that, TrenDemon’s engine will automatically recommend the best content to optimize for the chosen goals. In case you have chose to optimize by ‘Engagement’, TrenDemon’s engine will choose the engaging content.
In other words, the articles that our system recognized as top influencers for conversions will be shown first, and thus increase conversion rate.
Best Practice Tip: start with automating the unit according to Engagement. Once TrenDemon starts recording more completed goals, switch to automating the unit according to goals
- We will never recommend a page that was already visited, unless all recommended pages were viewed.
- The recommendations can be topic-specific. Example, in category A of the blog, the visitor will only see recommendations for the same category, while in category B, they’ll see recommendations for Landing Pages (you set the rules).
- The units can support Custom Content, enabling you to force certain pieces of content in certain areas or time frames (this is good when there is an upcoming event or webinar that you wish to push).
After the initial set up of the website areas and rules, the units work automatically, and regularly calculate the most converting content to recommend, making this engine an automatic and painless conversion engine that will increase the number of page views on your website as well as the number of conversions.
- If you didn’t choose any logic (goal or engagement) the engine will optimize by all goals
- If you want to change a title or image of a content page, or set not to recommend a specific piece of content, you can do so via the “Scan Results” tab > Content
To view the performance of the recommendation unit go to Insights > Personalization:
Best Practice Tips:
Use topic-based Embedded Recommendation Units to recommend converting blog articles, while simultaneously using Sliding Recommendations to direct people to your landing pages.
Add embedded units to thank you pages of landing pages, and also to additional content areas.
For more information about properly setting up the recommendation units on the TrenDemon dashboard – Click Here.
For further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Success team.