This guide explains how to integrate Marketo with your TrenDemon account.
1. Create API Only User Role
In your Marketo account, go to Admin -> Users&Roles -> Roles -> New Role. Fill in the fields, check “Access API”, and save (read more):
2. Create API Only User
Switch to “Users” tab -> “Invite New User”, then check the role created in Step 1 and the “API only” checkbox (read more):
3. Create A Custom Service For Use With ReST API
In Admin, go to LaunchPoint -> New -> New Service. Fill in the fields, choose Service=Custom and API Only User (the user created in Step 2), then save (read more):
4. Click “View details” next to the service created in Step 3 and copy the Client ID and Client Secret values. You will need them later to set up integration with your TrenDemon account:
5. In Admin, go to “Web Services”. In the “REST API” section, copy the “Endpoint” URL:
6. Go to TrenDemon account -> Integrations -> Marketo and fill in the fields with the values copied in Steps 4 and 5. Then click “Save”.
7. After Marketo integration is enabled, go to the “Calls to Action” tab. For CTAs of any type, you can specify statuses according to which the current CTA will be included/excluded. Just type the status name or list, press enter to add it, and save the CTA. The CTA will now appear/not appear ONLY to the site visitors which have the specified status.