Setting Up Goals And Events
What Are Goals And Events?
Goals and events are actions or destinations that your visitors reach and which reflect a desired outcome or have a commercial value that you wish to track and optimize. TrenDemon uses the goals that you configure to:
1) Analyze and track the journeys of visitors throughout your assets.
2) Optimize content recommendations and calls to action for the specified goals.
What Is The Difference Between Goals And Events?
Goals are main business objectives and reflect the most valuable conversions such as “Request a Demo”, “Get a Quote”, and webinar signups. TrenDemon provides reports about journeys, content, and sources related to the goals you set.
Events, on the other hand, are points on the way towards goals. Events can include watching a video, blog signups, and accessing gated content. You can see the impact of the events you set in the “Events and Goals” report.
A site can have multiple goals and events, which you can define in three different ways:
Destination – This type of goal/event is URL based. For example, a thank you page on a signup form can be set as a destination goal.
Destination Goal Set Up:
1 ) Create a new goal:
2) Select Destination Goal in Goal Type
3) Fill in the URL of the landing page in the Goal URL field (for example: http://mysite.com/contact-us/thank-you). In case you have a unique thank you page for each user, remove the unique parameters from the URL and add a ‘*’ instead. For example, http://mysite.com/contact-us/thank-you*.
Action Conversion Pixel – In case you are using light forms or want to present a thank you message after conversion, use this type of goal to track goal completion.
Action Conversion Pixel Set Up:
1) Create a new goal, choose Action Conversion, name the goal, and click save to generate the pixel. Copy the pixel and add it to the “Thank you” text that will appear after submitting the form.
Button Click Goal – Use this to track clicks on any button on your website, for example, social share and “buy now” buttons.