What are Goals & Events?
Goals and events are actions or destinations that your visitors reach and that reflect a desired outcome or have a commercial value you wish to track and optimize. TrenDemon uses the goals that you configure to:
1) Analyze and track the journeys of visitors throughout your assets
2) Optimize content recommendations and call-to-actions for the specified goals.
What is the difference between Goals & Events?
Goals are your main business objectives
By setting a goal you will be able to view reports such as the Journeys, Content and Sources report. Goals are your most valuable conversions from your website, such as “Request a Demo”, “Get a Quote”, Webinar signups, etc.
Events on the other hand are the way points on the way to your goals. Events can be from watching a video, blog signups and all the way to gated content.
By setting an event you will be able to see the impact of events in the “Events and goals” report.
A site can have multiple goals & events, you can define a goal by 3 different methods.
Destination – This type of goal/event is url based. i.e. a thank you page of a signup form will be set as a destination Goal
How to setup Destination Goal:
1 ) create a new goal:
2) Select Destination Goal in Goal Type
3) Fill in the URL of the landing page in the Goal URL field (for example: http://mysite.com/contact-us/thank-you). In case you have a unique thank you page for each user, remove the unique parameters from the url and add a ‘*’ instead.
4) Test to see that TrenDemon is receiving data from your landing page using the Check Now button.
Action Conversion pixel – In case you are using light forms or in case you just have a “Thank you” message after conversion, use this type of goal to track goal completion.
1) Create a new goal and choose Action conversion, name the goal and click save. Once hitting save, the pixel will be generated. Copy the pixel and add it to the “Thank you” text after submitting the form.
Button Click Goal – Use button click goal to track clicks on any button on your website, if it’s social share buttons, “buy now”, etc.